Take some time and travel outside of Aquatika to some of this tropical island's greatest treasures. Loiza is situated just east of the San Juan airport (SJU). As such, it is ideally located between the attractions offered in the northern and eastern regions of the island, allowing for a short drive to many activities. For golf aficionados, the area boasts a number of exquisite golf courses, including the breathtaking Trump Coco Beach Golf and Country Club, home of the PGA Tour's Puerto Rico Open. The course is just 15 minutes away from our doorsteps.
The capital of the island lies within this region. San Juan is the center of commerce and is also the main port of entry. This is the most populous and economically diverse region in the island. It offers the island's major resorts and shopping areas and promises you a wonderful experience of diversity and culture. This region has lots to offer -- archaeological and historical exhibitions, beautiful beaches, forests, and fine dining.
Top spots: Historic Old San Juan district, Bacardi Rum factory tour, Arecibo Observatory in Arecibo, Guajataca State Forest and Lake in Isabela, Rio Camuy Caves in Camuy, Condado Beach in San Juan, Isla Verde beach strip with many hotels and casinos.
This region, home of El Yunque, known as the Caribbean National Forest, is located in the rugged Sierra de Luquillo, 40 km southeast of San Juan. Catch the ferry from Fajardo to the outlying islands of Vieques and Culebra, both known for their secluded beaches, snorkeling spots and spectacular views. A must see is the phosphorescent Mosquito Bay. This rare and remarkable phenomenon is caused by millions of luminescent dinoflagellates lighting up when disturbed by movement. The region is also famous for its fresh local seafood and romantic sunsets.
Top spots: El Yunque, Luquillo Beach, Natural Reserve of Mosquito in Vieques, Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve and El Faro in Fajardo.
In addition, the island features many diving spots, hiking, fishing, natural attractions, historical sites, golf and tennis and casual and fine dining. Consult one of the guide books provided in our unit to plan your excursions.
- Golfing at the Berwind Country Club (5 minutes away)
- Shopping or a movie at the Belz Factory Outlet Mall (10 minutes away)
- Visit historic Old San Juan (30 minutes away)
- Try your luck at the Casinos in Isla Verde (20 minutes away)
- Hike the trails of El Yunque rain forest (15 minutes away)
- Visit the "beautiful beach" at Luquillo (20 minutes away)
- Take the bioluminescent bay boat or kayak tour in Fajardo (30 minutes away)
- Take a ferry to the outer islands of Vieques or Culebra (30 minutes away)
- Take a water taxi from Old San Juan to the Bacardi Rum Factory tour.
- Enjoy an evening of fine dining on Fortaleza Street in Old San Juan.
- Sample the unique food offerings at the kiosks located in Pinones, along scenic Route 187.